Take the gamble out of selling your business for it’s maximum value
The ability to sell your business at its maximum value is one of the most important (and complex) issues facing businesses today. While you may have no intention of selling your business in the short term, remember it takes several years to get the business ready for sale.
You may have planned for an orderly succession, stepping away from the business when you are ready to – then again, circumstances may force you to step away sooner. One way or another, at some point in time, your business will need to run without you.
The ultimate test of how successfully you have been is how well the business copes when it makes the transition and what its value is. And you are not alone…
- There are around 1 million SME’s in Australia
- 1/3rd are owned by people over 50 years old
- Between 1/2 and 2/3rds of all business owners depend on the business to fund their retirement
- Nearly 40% of all business owners are planning to exit within the next 5 years.
What Every Business Needs to Know (regardless of how far away the actual sale may be)
- What are your options?
- What value would a buyer place on your business?
- What do you need to do now, to maximise market value in the future?
- How do you identify buyers (who is your target market?)
- Keeping it in the family? What are the intergenerational transfer issues that must be addressed?
- What are the risks of getting it wrong and how can you mitigate them?
Please feel welcome to contact us, to discuss your business without obligation on 07 3369 8544.